Monday, March 1, 2010

bread pudding


this is the first of many recipes that will inevitably be added to this blog that come from my dear friend kristin. kristin is probably the person from whom i've learned the most about cooking, other than my mother, and at least half of my recipes are from her, i think. this one is a winner, for sure! and such a great use of your stale bread. (even cheap stale bread, including aging hot dog buns, works well here) enjoy!

bread pudding
7 slices day-old bread
2 T. melted butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 c. milk, half & half, or any mixture of the two
3/4 c. sugar (white or brown)
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla

preheat to 350. rip bread into small pieces and put into an 8x8". drizzle butter over bread. in medium bowl combine remaining ingredients. beat until well mixed. pour over bread, lightly push down with a fork until it's covered and soaking. bake for 45 minutes, until top springs back when tapped.

** photo courtesy of kelsey ramos at frugalnosh.com **

1 comment:

  1. This is the best/easiest bread pudding recipe I've ever tried. I love it with all my heart, particularly because it means I never have to throw away old, stale bread.

    ReplyDelete